In an email sent to members, AIIM announced on February 10, 2022, they were going to implement the following:
- We trust you. We know that, if you care enough about the Information Management practice to keep current with your CIP designation, you’ll naturally be engaging in continuing education and networking activities. AIIM has tons of opportunities for you to do just that throughout the year – and we can easily tell when you’ve participated. The old method of reporting your CEUs from any number of activities (including non-AIIM activities) was random and arbitrary at best. We think you have better uses for your time.
- While AIIM will no longer require any proof of CEUs, your employer or other organizations might. So, if you are an AIIM+ Pro subscriber, you’ll get real-time CEU tracking for the courses you complete in your courses portal. And, we’re always happy to help you determine the other AIIM activities you’ve participated in throughout the year. (CEU reporting is available upon request for AIIM+ and AIIM+ Pro members).
- Going forward, you will maintain your CIP by retaking the CIP exam at a discounted fee of $150. Did we tell you that the CIP exam is no longer proctored? Instead, you’ll have unlimited time to complete the exam and multiple attempts to pass it with a score of 70% or higher. Feel free to have your study and resource materials at hand during the examination period.
- Upon successful completion of your CIP exam, you will automatically receive your official CIP certificate and digital badge. And, we look forward to celebrating your achievement during special events year-round.
- Don’t worry about keeping track of your expiration date. A few month’s shy of your 3-year active period, we’ll send you a reminder and link to recertify. Easy peasy.
In consultation with members of our community and professional training/certification experts, we make these changes to align with modern pervasive learning best practices. We stand by the value and relevancy of the CIP designation and the rigor of the examination process.
VP, Market Intelligence