By joining and using IG GURU LLC’s Listservs, you agree that you have read and will follow the terms and conditions set for these peer discussion groups.
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the IG GURU LLC Listservs. If you have questions, please email@example.com.
How to use IG GURU LLC Listservs
IG GURU LLC created and offers Listservs as a free service to subscribers. The purpose of the Listservs is to foster useful discussion of Information Governance-related topics among IG GURU LLC members and to provide a means for announcing IG GURU LLC-related business. Examples of how the IG GURU LLC Listservs can be used include the following regarding Information Governance:
- Discussions around best practices, education, and certifications.
- Job postings or advice for roles.
- Related news and press.
- Related events and programs.
- If you are out of the office for a length of time, please unsubscribe yourself from all IG GURU LLC Listservs. This will ensure that members do not get a large volume of “Out of Office” replies when they post to the list.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals – not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the Listserv. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding these types of messages.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says “Long Message.”
- You can post by “replying” to someone else’s posting. Changing the subject line to the name of your topic lets others know you are beginning a new discussion. Leaving the subject line alone informs others you are responding to a previous post. Note: Remove any existing text from the body of the e-mail before writing your message. The “text chain” of words can become challenging to read.
- Send reports of abuse, helpdesk, or support questions to email@example.com.
How NOT to use IG GURU LLC Listservs
No E-mail Harvesting
You are not allowed to harvest e-mails for spam or spam-like purposes.
Personal or contact information of list participants seen on this list is intended solely for the use of this list, and should not be distributed to a third party.
Do not post commercial messages or solicit services without permission from IG GURU LLC.
No Software Sharing
This list is not to be used to share software or distribute malware.
No Jokes/Chain Letters/Junk Mail/Off-Topic Discussions
Please keep your postings on-topic.
No Long Posts
When replying to a post, quote only the portion necessary to help the reader understand your response. If sharing an article, post only a brief excerpt, then provide the URL where those interested may view the rest. On ALL replies, be sure to eliminate all automatically generated footers from the quoted previous post as well as trimming e-mail system headers and extra signature lines.
No Unprofessional Conduct
Occasionally, a subject will come up that generates lots of posts because of its controversial nature. If the discussion threatens to overwhelm our mailboxes or becomes nasty, we will ask that those interested in discussing it further take the conversation off the list.
Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may, and do not be a jerk.
This list is meant to be productive and helpful. It is not intended to be a forum to discuss political and religious issues or to bash a firm/company you do not like. Please be sure that all posts are positive and do not insult others.
All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, harassing, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
No Copyright or Mark Violations
Do not post any information or other content protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright concerning such content or has received permission from the copyright owner.
No Requests for Legal Advice
The Listservs are not intended to provide legal advice. If you are seeking legal advice, consult an attorney.
IG GURU LLC accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. IG GURU LLC disclaims all warranties about the information displayed on this site, whether posted by IG GURU LLC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of IG GURU LLC. In no event shall IG GURU LLC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site. IG GURU LLC can change these terms and conditions at their discretion without notice.
Also, the posting party grants IG GURU LLC and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to restrict free trade illegally. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, violation of anti-trust, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
IG GURU LLC reserves the right to terminate access to any user at anytime for any reason.