Tomorrow’s Jobs Today is written by Rafael Moscatel and his spouse Abby Moscatel. Rafael is a well-respected Information Governance Professional (IGP), Certified Records Manager (CRM), and Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM). Abby is a California trial attorney for State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. Both of their bios are available in the book.
The book was first published by Business Books in 2021, an imprint of John Hunt Publishing Ltd.
I was excited to pick up a copy of this book upon its release because it touches two of my favorite professional passions. Careers and Information Governance. The planning and thoughtfulness of the content is evident early on and I hope you enjoy this review as much as I enjoyed the book. I had no prior knowledge of how the book was going to be written or organized, so I went into it with an open mind.
Before we get into the specifics of what I found in the book, imagine being in a room for a day, and having access to over twenty well-respected professionals about topics you are passionate about for under USD 50 and your time. Their book is like going to a great conference but more affordable and just as engaging. While we wait for the world to open up post-pandemic, this book is like going to a conference with all the fulfillment and no distractions.
Now, let’s get into the specifics.
Their book contains three parts: Gaps are Opportunities, Less is More, and Relationships Matter. The twenty chapters within offer just that. The positive vibes I get from the writing and spirit of the work is enchanting. With all the doom and gloom in the world, the Mostcotel’s delivered a focused, stories-filled guide about the future world and jobs we are likely to see. The topics the Mostcotel’s cover are impressive, but even more impressive are the people they interview. Below is a list of the topics and people covered in the book.
- Blockchain: Ashish Gadnis, CEO of BanQu
- Artificial Intelligence: Dr. Anand Rao, Global AI Lead, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Data Governance: Dr. Jones Lukose Ongalo, Information Management Officer, International Criminal Court
- IoT, Compliance: Priya Keshav, Founder and CEO, Meru Data
- Artificial Intelligence: Kevin Gray, CIO, City of Burbank
- Autonomous Vehicles: John Danenberger, Corporate Counsel, State Farm Insurance
- Information Management: Amb-Dr. Oyedokun Ayodeiji Oyewole, Chairman, Institute of Information Management
- Privacy, Social Media: Dr. Anita L. Allen, Vice Provost and Professor, University of Pennsylvania
- eDiscovery: George Socha, Esq., Managing Director, Binder Dijker Otte
- Enterprise Content Management: Dr. Ulrich Kampffmeyer, Managing Director, Project Consult
- Digital Transformation, Cloud Computing, Dux Raymond Sy, CMO, AvePoint
- Analytics, Records Management: Markus Lindelow, Principal, Iron Mountain
- Records Management, Privacy: April Dmytrenko, Business Advisor, Information Governance & Compliance Strategies
- Knowledge Management, Cybersecurity: Mark Patrick, Chief of Information Management, Joint Staff, US Department of Defense
- Informatics, Compliance, Work-Life Balance: Dr. Katrina Miller Parrish, Chief Quality Information Executive, L.A. Care Health Plan
- Public Affairs, Library Science: Patrick Sweeney, Political Director, EveryLibrary
- Business Continuity, Civic Responsibility: Douglas C. Williams, CEO, Williams Data
- Data Protection: Miguel Mairlot, Partner, Ethikos Lawyers
- Digital Archives, Library Science: Andrea Kalas, VP of Archives, Paramount Pictures
- Recruitment, HR, Professional Development: Erick Swain, Practice Director, Personify Executive Search
The wisdom they provide along with the above professionals on artificial intelligence, big data, blockchain, the internet of things (IoT), privacy, security, recruiting, and cryptocurrency is a peak into the future. There is one book on what Information Governance jobs will look like in the future, and it is this book. Selfishly, I hope they are planning another like it for next year.
Andrew Ysasi, MS, CRM/CIGO, FIP, FIIM, CIPM, CISM, PMP, IGP, CIP, CSAP