On September 2nd, 2020, the OCR launched a new feature on HHS.gov, titled Health Apps. This new webpage takes the place of OCR’s previous Health App Developer Portal, and is available at https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/special-topics/health-apps/index.html.
The new webpage highlights OCR’s guidance on when and how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations apply to mobile health applications, including:
· Mobile Health Apps Interactive Tool
· Health App Use Scenarios & HIPAA
· FAQs on the HIPAA Right of Access, Apps & APIs
· FAQs on HIPAA & Health Information Technology
· Guidance on HIPAA & Cloud Computing
OCR will continue to make improvements to the HHS.gov/HIPAA web pages. Have ideas? Let us know at OCRPrivacy@hhs.gov.