The ICRM Mentoring Program has been created to provide clear instructions, consistency and uniform processes to Mentors and Mentees for all parts of the CRM Exam. It is the hope of the ICRM that all candidates, including CRA Candidates will benefit from the program. We also want to make sure Mentors are fairly given an appropriate amount of CMPS’s for their volunteer time.
An objective of the Mentoring Program is to provide:
- opportunity and means for communication and networking;
- current study resources;
- training and guidelines on mentoring;
- a method for matching a mentee to a mentor;
- criteria for CMP awards.
What Do You Need to Become a Mentor?
Under the new Mentoring Program Policy, in order to qualify as a Mentor for candidates for the CRA / CRM exam, individuals:
- Must be a CRM in good standing.
- Complete and acknowledge review of training materials.
- Meet regularly with your assigned Mentee.
- Work with the mentoring Team Lead to provide your mentee(s) with most current study resources.
- Provide feedback to Mentoring Chair on status of mentee. Must be completed before receiving CMP credit compensation.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Complete mentor training materials once every 3 years and sign an acknowledgement.
- EDC Committee Members may not mentor for the part they are currently working on as an EDC committee member.
- CRM Mentees may have a mentor for Parts 1-5 and a different mentor for Part 6. If requested and whenever possible, the candidate will stay with the same mentor for Parts 1-6.
In order to qualify for CMP credits, the Mentor must:
- Provide feedback to Mentoring Chair on status of mentee;
- Complete pre- and post- mentoring agreement documents;
- Receive an evaluation from their mentee.
Mentors should also notify the Mentoring Committee once the mentee no longer needs, or wants, to be mentored.
I would like to ask if you are interested in mentoring CRA / CRM candidates under this expanded program? If so, please feel free to contact me with the following information: your name, contact information, and whether you would like to mentor candidates for Parts 1-5, Part 6, or both.
What Comes Next
1. Upon receiving your agreement to continue mentoring under the new Mentor Program Committee, and your contact information, I will add you to the Eligible Mentors List.
2. I will email you the Mentor Training PowerPoint slides, for your review.
3. Once you have reviewed the training slides, please send me an email with the following or similar language, “With this email, I’m acknowledging that I have viewed the Mentor Presentation, and would like to move forward as a CRA / CRM Mentor.”
4. Please send me a brief bio with your skills and expertise and include which test parts are preferred. While mentors may counsel on all subject areas of the exam, this committee will work on matching the mentee with a mentor that best fits their need. (Please see below for information about each Part and the subject matter covered.)
5. I will assign you to either the Parts 1-5 Lead or Part 6 Lead. They will then work with you on finding a suitable Mentee, answer any questions you might have, and partner with you on this important endeavor.
Whether you wish to continue mentoring or not, I want you to know that we at the ICRM appreciate your hard work in the past with assisting others as they experience this challenging but rewarding process of gaining the important, career defining CRA / CRM certification.
I look forward to hearing from you and partnering with you further in assisting candidates in preparation to take the ICRM exams. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help.
Jerry Lucente-Kirkpatrick, CRM, IGP
Subject Matter Expert (SME) II