(Palmyra, NJ – March 20, 2020) – The Foundation is a leading organization that enhances the practical and scholarly knowledge of information management by funding and promoting research, scholarship, and educational opportunities for information management professionals. The Foundation is a non-profit corporation with 501(c)3 tax exempt status in the US. For additional information, please visit: http://armaedfoundation.org/
The Foundation has a vacancy on its Board of Trustees (Board). The Board directs and inspires the programs and operation of the Foundation. The position of Trustee is one of trust, and requires the Trustee to always act in the best interest of the Foundation.
The Board of Trustees,
- Governs the Foundation
- Exercises corporate powers and controls the business affairs of the Foundation
- Demonstrates open and honest fiduciary responsibility to its donors
- Meets once a month via conference call to discuss and make decisions on all matters relating to the Foundation
- Performs as a working board (Trustees lead and/or serve on operational committees)
- Serves as volunteers with no monetary compensation
- Is not eligible to receive compensation for authoring research projects/papers, or to apply for scholarships and/or tuition reimbursements.
- Five years continuous experience as an active and engaged member of the information management community prior to candidacy; or
- Two years experience in serving in a leadership role in a Foundation or professional association.
July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2022
Trustees are eligible to serve up to three 2-year terms.
If you are interested in serving on the Board as a Trustee, please submit your application for candidacy. Or, if you know of someone who would be interested in the position and meet the required qualifications, please forward this Call to the prospective candidate.
Instructions for submitting an application:
- A current resume
- A letter from your employer, if applicable, indicating support of your time commitment as a Board member.
- Written responses to the following questions:
- Why do you want to serve as a Trustee on the Foundation Board?
- What strengths and skills do you bring to the Board?
The application should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 30, 2020, at midnight Eastern Standard Time. If you require additional information on the position, please send your request to the above email address.
The Nomination and Election Committee will review all applications. Candidates who meet the qualifications will be interviewed via conference call by the Chairman of the Board or his designate.
We welcome all information management professionals to join us on social media.