Forum

RIM month--what are...

RIM month--what are you planning/have you done?  

RSS

Earl Johnson Jr., CRM
(@ejjr-21)
27/12/2018 4:23 pm  

Good afternoon,

As you all may know, April is records management month. I'm looking to plan something special at my company, a company I might add, that has never had a formal records management program before. I'm curious as to what--if anything, you are planning for RIM month next year? I'm especially interested in how you've introduced RIM month to a company that is unfamiliar with formal RIM.

As usual, any and all suggestions, comments and feedback are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This topic was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Earl Johnson Jr., CRM

Thanks.
Earl Johnson, Jr., CRM
Corporate Records Manager
EJohnson@RavagoAmericas.com

Andrew Ysasi, MS
(@andrew)
Member Admin
02/01/2019 9:05 am  

Good morning!  Happy 2019!

Here are some RIM ideas that others and I have used:

Food - Have food and give out flyers or brochures about your program to colleagues.  Identify when and why they should contact you.

Games - Have a contest on a RIM related activity by person or department.  Make the prize something people would be proud to receive.

Posters - You can create posters and put them in common areas.

Hope this helps!

Andrew Ysasi, MS
FIP, CIPM, CIPP, CISM, PMP, CRM, IGP
Vice President of Advocacy | VRC

snystedt liked
ReplyQuote
Earl Johnson Jr., CRM
(@ejjr-21)
02/01/2019 1:53 pm  

Hi Andrew and thanks for the suggestions. Food is always a good draw, and the right kind of games may be too. Do you know of any games that will help educate staff about records management?

Thanks again for your response, I appreciate it.

Thanks.
Earl Johnson, Jr., CRM
Corporate Records Manager
EJohnson@RavagoAmericas.com

ReplyQuote
Sharon Burnett
(@sharon-burnett)
09/01/2019 11:25 am  

Hi Earl,

Last year was the first time that we had much for RIM month. Rather than have a stand-alone celebration/education & training event, I tapped into existing activities and opportunities with a goal of giving folks some tools that they may use here at work and also at home.

I wrote a column on records management safety tips for our monthly employee safety newsletter. We developed 4 weekly activities to earn points for our employee wellness program (our wellness program extends beyond the gym). One of our activities was 5 multiple choice questions that asked the employee to access our retention schedules - a scavenger hunt so-to-speak. We participated in our annual Earth Fair. We allowed our employees to bring in a bag of personal papers for our spread program, had literature, swag, and really good chocolate. I gave the monthly Tech Talk. In this case I focused a some basics about managing your digital life. Again learnings to use at home or at work. I did have a few handbook available. One is titled, "I'm Dead...Now What?" It was a big hit. I got invited back for this year 🙂

Good luck with your event(s)!

Rock on, Sharon B

This post was modified 6 months ago by Sharon Burnett

Sharon Burnett, CRM, IGP
s_d_b@msn.com
Seattle Washington USA

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and see why. If it is broke, take it apart and see why."

ReplyQuote
snystedt
(@snystedt)
09/01/2019 12:17 pm  

Hi Earl, 

Jeopardy is always an engaging game, especially is you have competitive folks 🙂

Sheri Nystedt, CRM, CIP, IGP, ERMm
AVP, Information & Records Governance | Janus Henderson Investors

ReplyQuote
TXhassett
(@txhassett)
12/04/2019 9:58 am  

Good Morning,

I am looking for any ideas for a quick 1 page records management purge tips for our corporate lawyers. 

ReplyQuote
Peter Kurilecz
(@pak152)
Member Moderator
06/06/2019 8:45 am  

Tip #1 Always review your records retention schedule

Tip #2 always review your Legal Hold listings

Tip #3 if you aren't sure ask your records manager

PeterK
pakurilecz@gmail.com
Dallas,Tx

ReplyQuote