USA/GA/Atlanta Manager of Information Governance - IGP, CRM or ERM Preferred
Manager of Information Governance
Reports to: Director, Information Services
Manages: Team of 2
Summary: Plans, organizes, develops, manages, implements, and directs the information governance, enterprise content management functions, and information/records management program for the organization.
- Designs, develops, implements and monitors long and short-term information governance program strategies, including policies, functions, technical solutions, controls, and programs.
- Reviews, recommends and revises organization business policies, processes, technology solutions, practices and training programs to ensure support for the organization's Information Governance needs and compliance with relevant laws, regulations and industry best practices.
- Reviews program effectiveness by setting goals and metrics and evaluating performance. Escalates compliance issues to senior management when appropriate.
- Works closely and proactively with senior leadership, representatives and liaisons from internal departments, internal project staff and contractors, to ensure that records/information assets are managed cost-effectively and in accordance with business objectives and legal requirements.
- Champions new Information Governance initiatives through effective change management and communication.
- Maintains a current knowledge of emerging information management technologies and information governance/records management industry best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant information management, business management, or library sciences discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of information governance/records management experience, including at least four years of program or department leadership, preferably in the energy industry.
- At least one of the following certifications preferred: Information Governance Professional (ARMA), Certified Records Manager (ICRM), Certified Information Privacy Professional (IAPP), ERM Master (AIIM), Certified Information Professional (AIIM)
- Active member of ARMA, AIIM or a similar professional association.
- Proficiency in statutes, regulations, and laws associated with management of electric utility records. Experience in the public power sub-sector is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ECM/EDRM technology.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in information lifecycle management and information privacy.
- Proven experience in leading the change management process for major Information Governance initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Director of Recruiting
404-874-0544 ext. 107 Office