Director of Information Governance opportunity.
· Law Firm with offices in Washington DC, Chicago IL, and 5 offices in Michigan. This position also in open to remote work, hiring out of state.
· The Director of Information Governance, reporting to the firm’s Chief Operations Officer (COO) and working closely with the COO and the Chief Information Officer, will develop and assist with the deployment of policies, procedures, training, and systems necessary to execute and continuously improve a comprehensive Information Governance program for the Firm
· The Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining a data governance and records management framework that governs both physical and electronic data, and focus the firm’s records management team, lawyers and administrative departments to adopt best practices
· Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent. Graduate degree helpful.
· Professional certifications in various technical areas related to records management are preferred (e.g., Information Governance Professional IGP, Certified Records
· Manager CRM, Electronic Records Management ERM, Enterprise Content Management ECM).
· 8+ years of relevant experience in records and information management. · Prior experience in an information governance or records management role in a law firm or professional services organization highly preferred.
· Broad knowledge of records, information management and protection laws, regulations, and best practices. · Thorough knowledge of legal records management principles.
· Project Management Professional experience and certification a plus.
· Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large, complex projects.
· High-level organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· High-level interpersonal skills to facilitate communication in person, by email, and telephone with professionalism, courtesy and diplomacy. Very strong facilitation and presentation skills.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with peers, attorneys, clients, and other team members. · Attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. · Possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decision making, and follow-through skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience leading, developing and motivating a team.