In the latest book from well known RIM and IG writer, speaker, and author, Randolph Kahn, he hits home what executives need to know about the information universe. The book also benefits, lawyers, students, IG professionals, small business owners, non-profit entities, and anyone leading an organization. Randy and co-author Eugene Stavrou break down their book into 20 “rules”.
- Learn from Tranformative Movers
- Be a Transformative Mover
- The Days of Companies “Controlling” Their Information Are Over
- Know the Building Blocks
- Your information Universe is Chaos
- Executives Must Create a Governance Culture to Protect Information
- Monetize Information
- Information Changes Over Time
- Storage is Not Cheap
- Know the Expanding Legal and Regulatory Landscape
- Bridge Worlds and Navigate Conflicts
- Build and Support a Compliance Culture
- Empower Your Organization to Unlock Answers
- Treat Privacy Like Your Company’s Reputation Depends on It
- Information Security: Protect the Crown Jewels
- Introduce Transparency into Your Information Sources
- Manage the Expanding IoT Data Universe
- The Rule of Yes
- Bring Your Own Device
- See the Challenge as Both Proactive and Reactive
Each section has an Executive Takeaway, Background, Business Implications, and Legal Implications allowing a reader to skip to a rule that may apply to them.
This book is rich with information. The writers put a modern twist on traditional RIM and IG matters with real-world scenarios and solutions to bring the reader up to speed on navigating the Information Universe.
Noteworthy rules worth rereading are rules 2, 4, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 18, and 20. At 168 pages, this books makes for an easy reference and gift to a busy executive.