(Palmyra, NJ – March 23, 2018) – The Foundation is a leading organization that enhances the practical and scholarly knowledge of information management by funding and promoting research, scholarship, and educational opportunities for information management professionals. The Foundation is a non-profit corporation with 501(c)3 tax exempt status in the US. For additional information, please visit: http://armaedfoundation.org/.
The Foundation has a vacancy on its Board of Trustees (Board). Trustees direct and inspire the programs and operation of the Foundation. The position of Trustee is one of trust. It requires that Board members always act in the best interest of the Foundation.
The Board of Trustees,
- Governs the Foundation
- Exercises corporate powers and controls the business affairs of the Foundation
- Demonstrates open and honest fiduciary responsibility to its donors
- Cultivates a sense of group responsibility
- Establishes and implements written policies and procedures on the management of its business
- Governs with discipline and adheres to the proper code of conduct
- Meets regularly to discuss and make decisions on all matters relating to the Foundation
- Evaluates its performance at the annual meeting of the Board
The Board meets monthly via conference call. The Board is a working board, therefore all Trustees either lead or serve on operating committees.
- Five years continuous experience as an active and engaged member of the information management community prior to candidacy; or
- Two years experience in serving in a leadership role in a Foundation or professional association.
- July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2020
- Trustees are eligible to serve up to three 2-year terms.
If you are interested in serving on the Board as a Trustee, please submit your application for candidacy. Or, if you know of someone who would be interested in the position and meet the required qualifications, please forward this Call to the person. The instructions for submitting an application are provided below:
- Submit a current resume along with a letter from your employer, if applicable, indicating support of your time commitment as a Board member.
- Provide a written response to the following questions:
- Why do you want to serve as a Trustee on the Foundation Board?
- What strengths and skills do you bring to the Board?
- In what areas should the Foundation expand its activities?
- From what additional sources can the Foundation build funding streams to support its vision, mission, and goals?
If you require additional information on the position, please contact,
- Deb Marshall, Foundation Coordinator at Coordinator@armaedfoundation.org
The deadline for submissions is midnight Eastern Standard Time, April 30, 2018. The application should be sent to email@example.com.
The Nomination and Election Committee will review all applications. Candidates who meet the qualifications will be interviewed via conference call by the Chairman of the Board or his designate.